KEEP IT CLEAN BITCHES!
- Replace gaskets around dispersion screens regularly before they become brittle and break apart, or your group heads start leaking around your portafilter handles.
- Replace your water filter system every 6 months (or specific to your filter capacity). This is of paramount importance to brewing great-tasting coffee and ensuring your machine does not become damaged by high mineral content in hard-water areas particularly. Lime-scale can disable your coffee machine quicker than a quick thing.
- If a double shot is taking longer than usual to grind, or you notice unusual grind clumping or poor grind consistency your grinder burrs need replacing.
CLEAN AS YOU GO
- We recommend using eco-friendly micro-fiber cloths every day for each steam wand and under machine for wipe cleaning portafilter baskets. Wash on high temperature and air dry.
- Flush group heads between each espresso shot until water runs clear, to remove oils and old coffee grounds.
- Wipe clean and purge steam wands before and after use to remove any residual milk proteins.
- Scrub group-heads regularly throughout the day and remove and wipe portafilter baskets between shots to remove coffee oils.
END OF THE DAY
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
- Blank/blind portafilter basket
- Eco machine detergent
- Machine cleaning brush
Back-flushing your machine every day is the sure-fire way to keep your espresso tasting delicious and your machine free from limescale build up.
- Remove portafilter basket & replace with a blank filled with a small spoon of detergent. Using your ‘flush’ button, pulse water on and off in 10 second bursts through your machine checking every few bursts until water runs clear.
- Remove steam wand tip or place in a detergent and hot water solution overnight. Purge well before steaming milk.
- Scrub group handles and baskets ‘back to brass’. Wash drip tray and polish machine body. Empty draining channel under drip tray of any old grounds to ensure the drain doesn’t block.
- Run two shots of espresso through your machine in the morning to get rid of any detergent residue.
EVERY FEW DAYS
- Remove dispersion screens (shower plate), scrub to remove residual oils and old grounds and replace.
ERRYDAY GRINDER CARE
- Remove coffee from hopper and store in resealable bag or food safe bucket. Clean empty hopper with steam wand and clean cloth. Make sure fully dry before replace.
- Use a vacuum with an appropriate nozzle to remove old coffee grounds from burrs and from dispensing shoot.
EVERY FEW WEEKS
Use Grindz to ensure espresso fines are removed from your grinder.